An Update On The Centre
With the new provincial health officer orders effective November 7 until November 23rd at 12pm, all home-sessions will be put on hold for the next two weeks, until further notice.
All staff must wear masks for center-based sessions and thoroughly sanitize all toys, teaching materials, furniture and door knobs before and after each session.
A temperature check must be conducted on learners with parents on site. Once the temperature check is deemed acceptable, parents may then leave.
To parents: If your child attends a school that might possibly be exposed to COVID-19, please report this news to Sally and team members. All in-person sessions must then be put on hold for 14 days before resuming.
To check if any schools in your district have been exposed to COVID-19, visit this link here provided by Vancouver Coastal Health.
COVID- 19 Protocols at the Center:
1. All learners must wear a mask when attending sessions, restrictions apply to learners still learning to get comfortable with them. Our BIs and BC's are happy to help teach, please let us know!
2. All learners are required to receive a temperature check prior to their session. If they have a temperature above normal, they will be sent home and advised to see a doctor.
3. Learners must display no symptoms of a flu/cold for sessions.
4. All parent of learners must let us know if they have travelled recently in the past 2 weeks.
5. * Learners who have a fever must see a doctor and get a COVID test and supply a doctor's note that they have tested negative in order to resume sessions.
6. Learners who have a regular flu/cold can resume sessions once they do not display anymore symptoms.
7. * A 15 minute charge for cleaning and sanitizing after sessions will be applied for all in-person sessions.
8. * 15 Minutes of prep time will be charged for all virtual sessions.
9. Parents and learners who were exposed to COVID are kindly asked to self isolate and to not come to the centre for 14 days. Sessions may resume after 14 days if both parents and learners do not display any symptoms.
ABA Parent Training Bundle Course
To serve this time, we have created an online parent training course hosted by Sally, our clinical director and Roslie Hong, Behaviour Consultant. This course is available in 3 languages: English, Cantonese, Mandarin and Korean (NEW!) and will take place across 6 modules and 30 video lectures.
For more information, please click here.
Welcome to BridgeKids BC
We BRIDGE the gap between our KIDS and the community
Bridge Kids Behaviour Consulting Limited (BKBC) was founded in 2015. In the past years, we have served over 60 families with children from the age of 2 to 17 in Richmond and Vancouver. We currently have 16 employees serving our families.
"We are dedicated to improve the lives of children with ASD and to assist them to reach their full potential."
For children with ASD:
We provide intensive home-based and centre-based, direct one-to-one intervention to children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) by using highly supportive and structured teaching methods, based on the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA).
We offer a comprehensive selection of individualized development programs that targets essential skills needed in school, life and play. In addition, we offer small group programs, such as weekly playgroup programs and summer camps, which adhere to ABA principals and use best practice teaching for children with ASD including modelling, picture visual schedules, structured routine, repetition and reinforcement.
We create gatherings for parents and their families at our annual gatherings, such as summer picnics and small group parent training workshops.
We speak English, Cantonese, Mandarin, Tagalog, Japanese, Korean and Spanish.
We provide on-going monthly training workshops to our behaviour intervention teams to ensure that our practice is current, up-to-date and ethical.
Centre Calendar for 2019-2020
The centre will be closed for BKBC families on the following Statutory Holidays/Special Event:
January 1 - New Year’s Day
February 18 - BC Family Day
April 19 - Good Friday
May 20 - Victoria Day
July 1 - Canada Day
July 7 - Annual Family Picnic
August 5 - BC Day
September 2 - Labour Day
October 14 - Thanksgiving
November 11 - Remembrance Day
December 24 to 26 - Winter Break
January 1 2020 - New Year's Day
What We Do:
We provide home-based, centre-based, school-based intervention and online consulting and intervention support (Telehealth)
We provide tailor made social groups:
Preschool Readiness Class
Play Buddies Group
Literacy Social Group
Pretend Play Social Group
Storytelling Fun Club
We instantly share learner’s progress with parents by using effectively and efficient systems
We work 7 days per week
Social/ Play Skills
Motor/ Sensory Functioning
Independence/ Life Skills
Languages We Speak