Preschool Readiness Group Winter term 2022
In this program, learners will be preparing for preschool readiness. Interacting in small groups, children will be able to practice taking turns, following instructions, participating in class discussion, and improving social teamwork skills. Lesson plans will be created to enhance the practice of these skills and to help children to get used to the routine of a school day.
This is suitable for you and your child if...
1. Your child's teacher has raised up concerns about your child's behavior at school
2. Your child's preschool does not have experienced staff who knows how to handle children with autism or children with problem behavior.
3. Your child is diagnosed with ASD
4. You believe that early intervention is important
The program will be monitored by Behaviour Consultant, BCBA, Eileen Lau and facilitated by ECE Teacher, Senior Behaviour Interventionist, Alisa Ip, M.Ed. and an additional Behaviour Interventionist.
Program Term: January 10, 2022, to March 18, 2022
Days of the Week:
Group A: Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Group B: Tuesday, Thursday
Time: 9 am-11:30 am (2.5 hours)
Cost (does not include one-to-one support):
*For children who require 1:1 support need to hire a BI for this program and the BI fee is $ $30-40/hr.
Group A (3 days per week): 29 classes (no class on February 21, Monday - Family Day)
Group B (2 days per week): 20 classes
*Parents can choose to register for only one group or both.
Program Focus: Preschool Readiness
Class size: A Minimum of 3 children and a maximum of 6 children. There will be a 2 to 1 ratio of support (*1 adult : 2 children)
1. Will my child need to stay in this program until 5 years old or kindergarten?
No, our main goal is to support our students to help them join a mainstream school smoothly. This program is a transitional program that helps children to get prepared for a regular classroom.
2. Do I need to register all 5 days?
No, you may choose to do 3 days or 2 days.
3. If I only come to the center for 3 days and 2 days at the regular preschool, can I hire your BI to go to the preschool to support my child?
The program term payments must be paid in full for the entire term prior to the first day of the term. The 1:1 BI support fee is paid monthly.